GoPro Tips from InMotion: Capturing Fireworks Tips + Tricks
Capturing Fireworks Tips + Tricks
The tradition and spectacle of fireworks is best enjoyed outdoors, cuddled up on a blanket, and with undivided attention. That means, those folks who are watching through a screen, struggling to capture the moment, are essentially missing the magic of the moment. We’re here to help encourage firework-fanatics to capture the show with a hands-free approach.
- Step 1: Use a stable mount.
- We recommend grabbing the Shorty or the 3-Way mount. Both are equipped with built-in tripods that keep the GoPro stable, as well as a mounting joint that pivots to easily adjust the tilt.
- Step 2: Dial in the proper settings.
- Mode: Night Lapse Photo Mode
- Shutter: 2, 5 or 10 seconds. The selection depends on how large the fireworks are. In general, the sweet spot is a 5-second interval to deliver a RAW file and avoid an exposure that’s too-long.
- Interval: Auto
- FOV: Wide
- RAW: On (if shutter speed is set to 5-second intervals or longer)
- Protune: On
- White Balance: 3200K
- ISO Min: 100, ISO Max: 800
- Sharpness: Low
- Color: GoPro
- Step 3: Enjoy the show!
- Double-check the action is framed up properly by connecting to the GoPro app and using your device to preview what’s in the frame. Then sit back and let the GoPro do the work while you enjoy.
Hopefully this guide will help you capture the fireworks in all their glory without missing the joy of the moment.